Re: Drafting definitions for select expressions

On 08/12/2009 12:50, Axel Polleres wrote:
> p.s.:
>   just two questions which I don't really get yet in the proposal on [1] yet, before I forget...
>
> 1) Does this mapping cover left-to-right evaluation as in [2], is it intended to?

Yes.

> 2) I understand that the case discusseed in [3] is forbidden by this definition, yes?

Yes - see the algebra translation:

"""
variable must not appear in VS; if it does then generate a syntax error
and stop
"""
and explaination text:
"""
The syntax error arises for use of a variable in as the target of AS
(e.g. ... AS ?x) when the variable is used inside the WHERE clause of
the SELECT.
"""