From: Paul Gearon <gearon@ieee.org>
Date: Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 12:06 PM
Subject: DAWG test case structure
To: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>

Hi Lee,

I may have emailed you about this before, but I thought I'd better
follow up just in case.

The "DAWG: Test case structure" document has a flaw in it. You're
listed as an editor, so I thought I'd pass it on.

The section labelled "Query-Evaluation Tests" has the following sentence:
"At a minimum, a test's action includes a qt:data relation and a
qt:query relation."

However, if the test is supposed to use the default graph, then
qt:data will not be set.

So there are two issues. The first is that qt:data should not be
mentioned in the sentence "At a minimum...." The second issue is that
the behavior of using a default graph when qt:data is missing should
probably be described. This second part is not hard to work out, but
it should be made explicit.

I don't know if the existing document can be updated, but it's
worthwhile remembering this when SPARQL 2 test cases get published.

Regards,
Paul Gearon