Re: Questions about Update 1.1

On Oct 16, 2009, at 11:35 AM, Steve Harris wrote:

> Yes, agreed. A similar thing happens in 4store, but for different
> reasons. The only promise we make is that if you get a bNode ID out
> in SPARQL results, then you can reuse that ID in <_:$id> until you
> do an update on the graph it came from, at which time it may no
> longer be valid.

Thinking ahead here a bit, would it be possible for the implementors
of such things to define an IRI representing the logic here? In this
case, I'd like an IRI I could use with sd:feature for "if you get a
bNode ID out in SPARQL results, then you can reuse that ID in <_:$id>
until you do an update on the graph". Obviously this is outside the
scope of the WG, but think it would be great to have such things
earlier rather than later when it comes to explaining the benefits of
service descriptions.

thanks,
greg