Re: updated service description document

On 13 Oct 2009, at 14:52, Gregory Williams wrote:

> On Oct 13, 2009, at 9:47 AM, Alexandre Passant wrote:
>
>>> I suggest a common super-property of sd:languageExtension ,
>>> sd:extensionFunction, sd:supportedEntailment
>>>
>>> sd:feature > sd:languageExtension
>>
>> I'm also wondering that we may need a property sd:supportedSubset
>> (?) (also subproperty of sd:feature) that links to the upcoming
>> URIs for Query/1.1, Update, etc.
>> So that we can say that endpoint X support SPARQL/Query 1.1 but not
>> Update, and that endpoint Y supports only SPARQL/Query 1.0
>
> Very related to this is an issue marked at the bottom of the document:
>
> "@@ Add URIs for language subsets? Query1.1, Update, "safe", etc.?"

Indeed - that's why that question came to my mind
However, I didn't see the "?" in that sentence - so my answer would be
yes, we probably need some URIs for these subsets (at least query /
update imo + versioning).

> Do you think we need a specific sd:supportedSubset property, or
> would the sd:feature superproperty that Andy suggests be enough (in
> combination with URIs for the various subsets)?

I'll prefer a subproperty.
Directly using sd:feature will imply that, if one asks for
"ex:endpoint sd:feature ?x" using a SPARQL engine that supports
subproperty transitivity, he'll get an answer that contains a mix of
extensions, entailment and supported subsets - having a way to
directly get the subsets would be better.

Alex.

--
Dr. Alexandre Passant
Digital Enterprise Research Institute