RE: Some comments on F&R (2)

Any way to achieve the effect of the TOC being a clean overview is fine.  The expanding way is quite nice for printing as well.

> > ------------------
> >

> > Structure:
> > Currently it is:
> > ----
> > #  4 SPARQL/Update 1.0
> >
> >    * 4.1 Update
> >
> > # 5 Protocol Enhancements
> >
> >    * 5.1 HTTP graph update
> > ----
> >
> > I prefer putting protocol under update to be clear it is in support
> > of update.  "Enhancement" suggests tweaks to the query protocol to
> > me but we wish to leave the design space open and avoid prejudging
> > naming issues.
> >
> > Also, the new protocol is there to support update so make that
> > explicit.
> >
> > Suggested structure:
> >
> > 4 SPARQL/Update 1.0
> >
> >    * 4.1 Update Language
> >    * 4.2 Protocol Enhancements
>
> Are we sure that no other feature will imply some protocol
> enhancements ?
> (esp. wrt Service Description and using GET or some HTTP Options as
> raised during yesterday's call)

I wasn't implying that there could be no other protocol work.  But a major piece of work is protocol for update so let's make sure that update says that.  The FeatureProposal does not have a top level item of protocol.

> Fixed, I added WHERE keywords, is that compliant with the ARQ syntax ?

WHERE is optional.

(I tend to use with CONSTRUCT to separate the patterns and not in SELECT - just my personal style).

I have had reviewer comments that I can't write SPARQL queries because I missed WHERE for space reasons!

> > ----
> > """The type of subqueries has not yet been decided by the WG (see
> > issues below)."""
> >
> > 'type' is tricky word as it means so many things.
> > "Query form" is SPARQL terminology.
> Fixed
>

> > It just drop the sentenance - does not add anything IMO.
>
> Won't that sentence be needed from a charter perspective ?

Not that I can see it as needed - it does not say anything concrete only no decision have been made (which is true in all areas) .  Removing does not rule out any query form as a subquery.

 Andy