The smaller bites (was Re: Lee's feature proposal)

On Sunday 03 May 2009 05:20:01 Lee Feigenbaum wrote:
> track 3
> -------
> function library
> surface syntax
[...]
> The third track affects the core query language, but feels to be like
> smaller 'bites' that can be handled maybe in parallel with other efforts.

Indeed, and I feel that this is also a case where a certain do-o-cracy is in
order, as opposed to most features, where a concerted effort from the group
as a whole is required. This means if some group members decide to completely
specify a feature, it has a decent chance of getting in, after a review to
ensure that it does not come into conflict with backwards compatibility, or
cut off opportunities for further development, etc.

(Hidden agenda disclosure: I'd like to sneak in LimitPerResource this
way :-) )

Kind regards

Kjetil Kjernsmo
--
Senior Knowledge Engineer
Mobile: +47 986 48 234

|  SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE  |

Computas AS  PO Box 482, N-1327 Lysaker | Phone:+47 6783 1000 | Fax:+47 6783
1001