Re: not sure if we're done with: Example Errors (sections 8, 9, 10)

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 11:45:19AM +0000, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> Dan Connolly wrote:
> >Andy, you wrote:
> >
> >"... There wil be a formal response to your email
> >when all the comments have been acted on."
> >
> >and I'm not sure if anything relevant has happened since then.
> >Any clues?
> >

> All the edit changes (sec 8/9/10) are done from:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2005Sep/0011.html
>
> Eric - what's the status of the comments on sec 11?

The first example in 11.2.3.1 for sop:RDFterm-equal should have two results
in the query results section, with the inverse solution as well as the
listed, since name1=>Ms A. and name2=>Alice is just as valid a binding.

fixed
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#conformanceB

The second example in 11.2.3.1 has a typo, the time in the data should be
19:00, not 19:01 like listed, to get the results expected.

fixed
  http://unagi/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#func-RDFterm-equal

The first example in 11.2.3.2 has several problems, so it's best to
re-examine it.  Namely, the FILTER construct is missing a parenthesis (or
should have the outside one removed) and the example appears to be
projecting an undefined variable for no reason.

fixed
  http://unagi/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#func-isBound

The second example in 11.2.3.2 should have foaf:givenName as the predicate,
not foaf:name.

aha, tx
fixed
  http://unagi/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#func-isBound

The query under section 11 Testing Values should probably read "?date > ..."
and not "?date < ...".  Otherwise, the same result will be returned in both
examples, since neither of the dates in the data will test true, no matter
whether the casting works or not.

fixed
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#tests

I note that when I ran the LC version, I got no results.

The example in 11.2.3.6 should read "FILTER regex(?name...", not "FILTER
regex(name..."

fixed
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#funcex-regex

This may actually present some issues in general, but example 11.2.3.8 has a
statement ""FILTER (lang(?name) = "ES" ) )"".  Technically, "ES" will parse
to a untyped literal and the LANG function returns a xsd:string, which will
by the constraints of the language result in a literal compare, which will
fail in all cases.  To be technically accurate, it should read ""FILTER
(lang(?name) = str("ES") ) )"".

dang, he's right
um, need to think a bit...
--