Re: WSDL with distint interfaces for return types

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 10:27 -0400, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> I've been trying to see what WSDL consumers can do, comparing the
> current WSDL, with one opertion, to another with two operations, one
> for each return type. My goal is to sufficiently describe SPARQL so
> that a tool can set up an appropriate handler for the response.
>
> I'm not done with my homework yet, but wanted folks to see what I was
> working with.

Is this proposal still live? I was trying to close off the thread
with Mark Baker, and I was writing:

[[
We did discuss designs where ASK/SELECT/CONSTRUCT/DESCRIBE
were split into 2 operations: one for ASK/SELECT where
the return data is table-shaped, and one for CONSTRUCT/DESCRIBE
where the return data is graph-shaped. But it didn't get
a critical mass of support.
]]

but I'm not sure whether folks expected further discussion of
EricP's proposal. Kendall, are you finished thinking about it?

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E