Re: changes in XQuery and SPARQL's use of XQuery

Steve Harris wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 10:14:22 +0000, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>
>>>I would be in favour of allowing stuff like "1" + "2" = 3, it fits with
>>>how people really use RDF in my opinion.
>>
>>On the other hand:
>

> As far as I remember we dont have a + operator that takes two strings and
> concatentates them, and if we do, I want my money back ;)

No ... I have had requests for more string manipulation functions ... so "not yet"

Actually, + isn't the best example: FILTER(?x < 3) is a better example where
an expectation might be force ?x to integer (c.f. RDQL!)

But then you get the RDQL problems:

What about:  "01" = 1  ?

> - Steve

Just possible different expectations : overloading + vs forcing string everywhere.