Re: agenda: RDF Data Access 30Aug

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 03:46:07PM -0400, Bijan Parsia wrote:

> So, question: do we want the HTTP binding to be required? One general
> advantage, I think, of WSDL like descriptions is that it, IMHO,
> obviates the need for specifying conformance levels. Or requirements,
> even. You can make clear what your service supports (by and large)
> directly.

There are two issues, I think:

1. whether a service supports SOAP or HTTP
2. that the service implements the normative bindings we specify

So I was trying to say something like this: if you support SOAP, you have to
do so with *these bindings*, and if you support HTTP, you have to do so with
*these* bindings. But that's different from requiring support of SOAP or
HTTP or both.

I have no idea where the WG is w/r/t to requiring SOAP support. I was just
trying to craft language that says it's *these* SOAP bindings and not any
others.

> Isn't this the whole point of using machine readable descriptions? Why
> do we need Yet Another Name to indicate further levels of conformance?

What's the other name?

Cheers,
Kendall