Re: [Fwd: SPARQL variable names syntax]

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 14:01 +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 11:55:33 +0100, Andy Seaborne wrote:
[...]
> > Allowing "_" as the first character of a VARNAME does not affect any
> > approved tests and does not break the grammar in any way.  I have added it.
>
> No, but it does break my code. I was using _ as a reserved prefix for
> internal and temporary variables.
>
> It doesnt really matter, I can use something else, but just pointing out
> that it can have knockon effects.

Yes, this is clearly a substantive change that requires a WG decision
(and I'll want test materials in hand or at least actioned
when I put the question).

And there's a question of whether it's sufficiently large that we
should let the community review it again; i.e. whether we should
do another last call.

We can either make our own decision to do another last call,
or we can propose that we don't need one, but The Director
could say "yes, you do."

I haven't made up my mind what's best.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E