Re: giving some serious thought to namespace names (wsdlAbstractProtocol)

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 12:37 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> Briefly, for now... I can elaborate on request...
>
> <AndyS> Is http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/result2 the final
> resting place (namespace) for the results?  rq23 contains it in an
> example - and a ref to the schema at
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/result2.xsd
> <DanC> ew.
> <DanC> no, I expect the namespace name to change to something
> like /2005/sparqlres

ok, so, Dave, how about
 http://www.w3.org/2005/sparqlres
?

or
 http://www.w3.org/2005/06/sparqlres
?

or .../sparqlResults ?

To reserve the one with no /MM/ , I need to go up the chain a bit,
per http://www.w3.org/1999/10/nsuri

EricP or I can grab the YYYY/MM one at any time.

And what do you want to put there? How about an XML Schema
with <xs:annotation> stuff that points to the WD? and
maybe a CSS stylesheet to give browsers a chance at
rendering it?

For change policy, I suggest we pick this one:

 Warning: Until the specification reaches W3C Candidate Recommendation
 (CR) status, this namespace name may be reused by any update in such
 a way as to cause documents written using the namespace to become
 invalid or to change in meaning.

I still don't really know what's involved in making up WSDL
namespaces. More on that separately.

> <DanC> the WG should decide that. hmm... why is there no issue that
> covers it? ugh.
> <DanC> maybe I should have done this... or at least the namespace of our
> WSDL foo... under wsdlAbstractProtocol

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E