Re: Name of a graph? and FROM and FROM NAMED

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 06:54:03PM +0100, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> I understood it as a service which answered the query as sent (hence no
> service-default dataset).  So if a query does not use FROM/FROM NAMED, or
> the protocol does not have default-graph-uri/named-graph-uri, then the
> query can't be performed.  The query request was complete in itself.

Yes, that's what I mean, exactly.

(Except, of course, that a pure query service may, or may not, apply some
process of inference to the RDF dataset "as sent", and execute the query
against this new, though related, dataset. Inference is in some sense
orthogonal, but it's just as much a change to a supplied dataset as is the
addition of some or many told triples, as I pointed out in an earlier
message.)

Kendall