Re: XHTML Validation issues

Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 15:13 -0400, Bijan Parsia wrote:
>
>>Not to nag, but just as a heads up, there seem to be some (X)HTML
>>problems with the current Query draft:
>> http://validator.w3.org/check?
>>uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2001%2Fsw%2FDataAccess%2Frq23%2F
>>
>>They are all minor, one missing <p> tag, one extra </span> tag and a
>>bunch of needed escapes (>>, >, etc.)
>

> I fixed those in 1.291 with nxml-mode's help (context diff attached),
> but some of them are in the grammar section, which,
> I gather, is produced by machine. So whatever code fails to
> escape <s and such needs to get fixed.
>
> Where is that code, btw, Andy and EricP? I vaguely recall getting
> a pointer, but I don't know where it is now. Can you add a pointer
> from the SOTD maybe? or add a Colophon, just for the editor's draft?

It's not an entirely automated process because the layout has to be tweaked to
make it more readable (wraping at significant places, removing some levels of ()).

The master version will be the version in the document when the grammar is
stable - that is, when changes don't need checking as much.

I'll check the code production with the validator.

 Andy