Re: protocol draft available

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 10:30 -0500, Kendall Clark wrote:
[...]
> Hmm. Ok. I just don't think add/deleteTriples is that difficult to
> specify or test. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't see us going to CR in
> January on the protocol anyway. No one's thinking that, are they?

Yes; as we've seen in WG discussions, there are a number of
issues that span a grey area between query language and protocol,
which suggests that going to last call on the query language
spec should be done at the same time as last call on the
protocol spec.

The schedule in the charter doesn't separate the query
language from the protocol. Last call is last call for
both of them.
http://www.w3.org/2003/12/swa/dawg-charter#schedule

I'm interested to see a protocol spec that has a similar
structure to the SPARQL QL spec: start with a hello-world
"making simple queries" section, follow up with as much
spec-ese as is needed to say how simple queries work,
then add a wrinkle, give an example, more spec-ese.
Repeat until all our requirements are met, and then
stop.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E