Implementation of the DAWG specs (was: Re: Minutes of RDF DAWG teleconference 2004-11-09 for review)

Farrukh wrote:

 > That reminds me... Is anyone planning to provide an open source
 > implementation of DAWG specs on a RF basis? Thanks.

Yes - several of us are already doing implementations.  Dave announced his
this week; Simon is working on one which he and I plan to do
interoperability testing;  Eric has one derived from his Algae system;
Alberto and Steve have modifications of their RDQL systems.  These are all
in various stages of progress (apologies to any I've missed - we have a
great selection).

Dan started a Wiki page for demos and services at:

     http://esw.w3.org/topic/DawgShows

so I thought a page on implementations would be good:

     http://esw.w3.org/topic/SparqlImplementations

- - - - - - -

My implementation is available for download; it consists of a query engine
and a server: both are in Java.

The query engine is ARQ - a new general-purpose query processor for Jena
that includes a SPARQL parser and engine.

It's in the Jena CVS on SourceForge (under the BRQL module until I can get
it renamed).  I put builds on request at:

     http://jena.hpl.hp.com/~afs/ARQ

The server is a new major revision of Joseki which will use the the SPARQL
protocol.  This is in the Joseki CVS on SourceForge under the Joseki3 module.

Together, these two provide the demo at

     http://www.sparql.org/

These are licensed under the same license as Jena - a BSD-style license.

	Andy