Re: Work in propgress on rq23

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 03:39:32PM +0000, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> A/ Section 6: More Pattern Matching ??? Alternatives
>
> Text added that uses UNION to handle alternatives, having looked through
> the email traffic on the comments list, on this list and on what various
> systems do about it.  I had a brief conversation with Steve before
> travelled to let him know I would be doing this.

Andy, just to check I understand what it means - those {}'s in the UNION
examples are just sugar, yes?

In principle

SELECT ?title ?author
WHERE ( ?book dc10:title ?title )
      ( ?book dc10:creator ?author )
UNION ( ?book dc11:title ?title )
      ( ?book dc11:creator ?author )

could be an alternative syntax? Just checking that UNION has a similar
binding strength to SQLs UNION.

I prefer it without {}'s, but I'm not really bothered if theres a good
parser/whatever reason for it.