RE: use case: content selection based on client profile

Looking through the profile, I wrote the query:

PREFIX prf: <http://www.wapforum.org/UAPROF/ccppschema-20000405#>
ASK
 { ?x rdf:type prf:HardwarePlatform .
   ?x prf:ColorCapable "Yes" . }

which tests whether any #HardwarePlatform has a prf:ColorCapable value
of "Yes"

On this date, this resulted in:

Ask => Yes          (Printed by the program running the query).

so writing a suitable function to do dc:HardwarePlatform:ColorCapable()
looks possible by a query over the profile itself.  I presume that the
server will have taken care of the profile diffs to produce an RDF model
of the device.

Looking at the profile, I see use of RDF bags.  Querying bags at the raw
triple level is hard - RDF lists (collections) are harder still.  This
suggest an explicit operation such as "member(?bag, ?x)" to access the
contents.  But for an RDF list this seems to be fine-graingraph walking
so has implementation issues.

I'd like to hear from people with RDF storage implementations as to know
they deal with containers and collections.

	Andy