RE: Proposed XQuery requirement and/or objective

Rob,

Could you compare this with the functional accessor style, for example,
Jonathan Robie's presentation at the last W3C technical plenary which
describes a function library approach?

http://www.w3.org/2004/Talks/tp-robie/Overview-1.html

and its conclusions:
"""
+ DAWG may still want a language rather than a function library
+ Anyone can write a function library as needed
"""

> Now that the group has at least given a line in the sand by starting
> with BRQL, I'm hoping to go through that spec and map each of the
> constructs in that language back to fragments of XQuery, since it seems
> likely that BRQL is subsumed by an XQuery extended with only a few
> external functions.

That would be useful - I look forward to reading that.

	Andy