RE: Concise Bounded Descriptions, bnode closure, OWL, and FOAF like models

I'm afraid I don't entirely understand a lot of this. At the very least,
I think you're assuming a very very particular processing model and
assuming that the limitations of that particular implementation are
semantics implied by OWL.

Making a property inverseFunctional doesn't necessarily end any
algorithm or recursion. It simply asserts that under certain
circumstances it can be inferred that two different names refer to the
same instance. Any even mildly sophisticated RDF/OWL reasoner has at
least minimal separation between data retrieval and true inferencing.
Attempting to exploit inverse functional properties to prevent
particular aspects of data retrieval from happening is nothing but an
optimization and should absolutely *not* be required.

Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding; can you provide a sample data set and
explain just what you expect inverseFunctional assertions to change
about it?