RE: extensibility

Eric,

The extensibility mechanism is by naming a feature set in the query.  I
think having named sets of features is a good idea, rather than always
having just a feature-by-feature naming.  It might be useful to be able to
enquire of a query processor what feature sets it supports.

There seem to be two usages:

1/ Want to ensure a number of queries can be executed, the early ones may
not need a given extension so the app wants to knowion advance it wil be OK.
To do this, it needs to ask before a query is submitted.

2/ In any given query, it is only the fetaures actually used that matter,
not the whole set (if named).  In this case, can't the query processor
detemine which features are needed simply by parsing the request?  If so,
then there is some neatness in declaring features but it isn't necessary is
it?  Or do required features modify the query/results in some way?

	Andy