RE: Requirement: queries written as RDF

Just because some other language has a particular attribute is no
argument that the attribute should be a requirement of this group, nor
is the fact that several postings have taken that attribute as an
assumption.

I need help understanding just *why* encoding queries as RDF is
desirable in its own right. Deciding on such an encoding is very very
limiting in terms of what our final recommendation could look like, and
I think we need some clear and concise arguments, supported by use
cases, for considering such a requirement, and we need to specify the
requirement clearly enough that we will know to what extent we've met
it.

If RDF serialization falls out of our final design, then I don't see any
problem with that. But it's a very different situation from specifying
RDF serialization as a design goal.