Re: how does one reconcile delete-using-02.ru to the effect of from/from-named with respect to a constant graph term

> On May 20, 2015, at 3:26 PM, james anderson <james@dydra.com> wrote:
>
> good morning;
>
>> On 2015-05-20, at 16:06, Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote:
>> Subject: Re: how does one reconcile delete-using-02.ru to the effect of from/from-named with respect to a constant graph term
>> Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 21:23:41 +0100
>> From: Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org>
>> To: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org
>>
>> On 18/05/15 16:27, james anderson wrote:
>>> good afternoon;
>>>
>>> for the test dawg-delete-using-02a, the query[1] and the ancillary
>>> dataset documents imply that the constant value in a ‘using' clause
>>> should override a constant term in a ‘graph' clause.
>>
>> Hi james,
>>
>> It would be helpful if you could provide pointers or quotes that lead
>> you to the conclusions you state.
>
> i find this entry in the delete test set manifest:
>
> :dawg-delete-using-02a a mf:UpdateEvaluationTest ;
>    mf:name    "Simple DELETE 2 (USING)" ;
>    rdfs:comment "This is a simple test to make sure the GRAPH clause does not override the USING clause" ;
>    dawgt:approval dawgt:Approved;
>    dawgt:approvedBy <http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2012-09-25#resolution_3> ;
>    mf:action [ ut:request <delete-using-02.ru> ;
>                ut:data <delete-pre-01.ttl> ;
>                ut:graphData [ ut:graph <delete-pre-02.ttl> ;
>                               rdfs:label "http://example.org/g2" ] ;
>                ut:graphData [ ut:graph <delete-pre-03.ttl> ;
>                               rdfs:label "http://example.org/g3" ]
>              ] ;
>    mf:result [ ut:data <delete-post-01f.ttl> ;
>                ut:graphData [ ut:graph <delete-post-02f.ttl> ;
>                               rdfs:label "http://example.org/g2" ] ;
>                ut:graphData [ ut:graph <delete-post-03f.ttl> ;
>                               rdfs:label "http://example.org/g3" ]
>              ] .

Hi James, I think the results are consistent with the graph name remaining constant. The input dataset ends up looking like the following:

@prefix : <http://example.org/> .
@prefix foaf:       <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .

:a foaf:name "Alan"; foaf:mbox "alan@example.org"; knows :b .
:b foaf:name "Bob"; foaf:mbox "bob@example.org" .

:g2 {
  :a foaf:knows :b .
  :b foaf:name "Bob"; foaf:mbox "bob@example.org"; foaf:knows :c .
  :c foaf:name "Chris"; foaf:mbox "chris@example.org" .
}

:g3 {
  :c foaf:name "Chris"; foaf:mbox "chris@example.org"; foaf:knows :d .
  :d foaf:name "Dan"; foaf:mbox "dan@example.org" .
}

The results are identical because USING establishes to take triples from :g3 but the GRAPH restricts triples to come from :g2, so no solutions are bound, therefore, no triples are deleted.

Gregg