Re: Strings not comment pattern Re: Turtle feature request : multi-line comments (was Re: Proposed conventions: System Triplestore, turtle Command, Text Embedded Turtle)

[removing semantic-web@w3.org from cc list]

Tim, I'm replying on behalf of the SPARQL WG, and I imagine the RDF WG
will want me to say something similar.   For our records, since you
posted to both our comment lists, could you clarify what you're looking
for?

At this point, we are not planing to add multi-line comments.  This has
been discussed with the original commenter, David Booth, and he says he
is now satisfied [1].

So, I *think* you're not asking us to do anything.  For myself, it seems
to me we might illustrate this pattern, although perhaps not mention it,
in the new RDF Tutorial.   It might be that it makes sense to mention or
demonstrate in other documents, as well -- perhaps in the documentation
of rdfs:comment.   I'm inclined to leave that to the editors of those
documents, after making sure they've read this email.

So, given that we're not doing multi-line comments, can you clarify
what, if anything, you'd like to see changed in any SPARQL WG or RDF WG
documents?

Thanks!

   -- Sandro

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-comments/2012Feb/0009