Re: httpRange-14 as normative reference (and something on ISSUE-49)

On 4/23/2010 5:40 PM, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> Hi all! Long time no see...
>
> I've been relaying some comments on ISSUE-49 through Greg lately, but it
> isn't that easy to explain what I mean, and how the current HTTP bindings
> will confuse developers. I currently work with a number of developers who
> are antagonistic towards RDF, and I think is extremely important that they
> can appreciate that protocol, it is something very familiar to them that we
> are doing.
>
> Anyway, to explain that stuff properly, my plan is to write the code, it
> becomes easier to explain with actual code to point to, but I have very
> little time nowadays, so that may take some time before I get to.
>
> Meanwhile, what I would hope you could discuss is whether the SPARQL WG
> should adopt httpRange-14 is a normative reference for the group's work.

Hi Kjetil,

Could you give me an idea of what impact this would have on the
specification / implementations of the HTTP protocol? I'm not sure I
understand the consequences. Is there a test case or the like that
illustrates the effect of adopting httpRange-14 as a normative reference?

Lee