[OK?] Re: SPARQL Protocol: application/sparql-query requests

Bjoern,

Elias Torres wrote:
[snip]

> Bjoern, we have been doing some research [1] into this issue and did not
> come up with a reasonable solution to your request yet. I have emailed
> the WS-description WG asking them for advice [2] and am waiting to hear
> back from them. At the moment, there is not much we can do, but if you
> have any new insights, we are all ears. Once I get a response from the
> WSDL WG, I will post the list with the updates so please stay tuned.
>
> -Elias
>
> [1]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2007JanMar/0112
> [2]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2007Mar/0009.html

I have received a response from the WS-description WG [1] and
unfortunately we didn't get a favorable answer. They are currently in
last call and Jonathan Marsh had filed a bug to address your concern,
however, they did not get around to resolving it this time around. He
also suggested using an extension, which seems a bit overkill for the
simple feature you are looking for in the SPARQL protocol. Last time
DAWG discuss this issue in a meeting, there was almost no support to
move forward with this issue if the WS-desc group did not come up with a
feasible answer. Hence, we would like to leave the protocol as it's
currently defined.

Please let us know if you are satisfied with this response to your
comments. If you are, you can help our comment tracking by replying to
this message and adding [CLOSED] to the subject. In the interests of our
schedule, we will also consider the comment closed if we have not heard
back from you within 10 days.

Sincerely,

Elias Torres

[1]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2007Apr/0001.html