Re: comments on SPARQL Query Language for RDF

Hi everybody,

you may be interested in our Datalog based SPARQL semantics proposed in
[1]. The paper has been accepted for the German AI conference in
September.

We propose a mapping of more or less all of SPARQL into datalog
programs, including UNION, OPTIONAL and BOUND. As has been pointed out
here, this is not always straight forward, but possible. The semantics
of a SPARQL query is then defined using a query against the datalog
program.

Please note that this work is s couple of months old and I have not yet
checked, whether it conforms to the latest version of the spec.

There is other work in this direction by Polleres. Additionally I assume
that for example KAON2 does a similar mapping.

Best regards,
Simon

[1]
http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~sschenk/publications/2007/KI2007SparqlSemantics.pdf