Re: [CLOSED] Re: Broad application of CSS hypertext pseudo-classes (as to SPARQL "link" elements)

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 19:15 +0100, Bert Bos wrote:
[...]
> I am satisfied with the answer.

OK...

> I was confused by the fact that SPARQL-R is not RDF. Why would the
> result of a query over RDF itself not be RDF, unless it was for easier
> styling and display?

First, SPARQL does provide a way to get back RDF, if the requester
wants. You use
  CONSTRUCT ...
instead of
  SELECT ...

but some clients don't want to parse RDF; they just want a more
rectangular result set. We looked at designs that met these
rectangular constraints using the RDF syntax, but didn't prefer
them to a dedicated XML format.

>  But I understand that the format is designed for
> easier processing by software that displays the result in some other
> form than as a document.

That too, I suppose.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E