Re: Coments on first working draft of SPARQL

I turned away from watching the DAWG language only for a short while.
It seems to have moved
on the bnode issue rather quickly:

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

>I took a quick look at
><snip>
>
>SPARQL appears to depend on an unsanctioned extension of RDF, namely that
>bnodes in an RDF graph have identity that can be taken out of the graph and
>transmitted elsewhere.  Is this the case?
>
>Peter F. Patel-Schneider
>Bell Labs Research

I'm not sure what it means to have the identity of a bnode extend beyond
the graph it belongs to,
so I'd like this clarified.  In general, my assumption has always been
that the identity of a bnode
has no meaning outside of the graph its in.  If you want it to have one,
use a regular node.

Cheers, Bob

--

Bob MacGregor