Re: Proposed fixed version of N-Triples https://www.w3.org/TR/n-triples/ Section 7

Hi Jan,

> On 1 Jul 2017, at 12:49, Jan Wielemaker <J.Wielemaker@vu.nl> wrote:
>
> It has always been in my mind that there should be white space between the three elements of a triple.  I really dislike the (I fear) fact that
> this has been abandoned.  It complicates managing triple files using
> generic text tools significantly.  With the demand to have comments on
> their own line and white space between the three elements you can easily
> process n-triples files with very simple tools and you can give more
> reliable syntax errors.  If we are allowed to write
>
>   _:a<http://example.com/p>"42" ^^ xsd:integer .
>
> n-triples files get IMHO less readable, harder to parse and it gets
> harder to give sensible error messages while I see no benefits.

The N-Triples document defines two languages: “N-Triples” and “Canonical N-Triples”. The latter requires a single space between RDF terms and does not permit comments, and is reasonably well-suited to processing with line-based text tools. Producers are encouraged to produce Canonical N-Triples.

https://www.w3.org/TR/n-triples/#canonical-ntriples

Best,
Richard