Re: RDF 1.1 Semantics: completeness for lang-tag variants

This is an unofficial reply.

In the RDF 1.1 semantics, language tags are always in lower case.  This can be
seen in Section 3.3 of RDF 1.1 Concepts,
   The value space of language tags is always in lower case.
Admittedly, this could have been stated better.

peter

The value corresponding to the literal "c"@en-US is the same as the value
corresponding to the literal "c"en-us.

> Likewise what happens if S is:
>
>      ex:a ex:b "c"^^xsd:string .
>
> and E is something like:
>
>      _:a ex:b "c" .

Again, the values are the same.  See Section 3.3 of RDF 1.1 Concepts.

> I likewise cannot see how this case is covered?
>

> Is a canonicalisation step not needed somewhere to lower-case all language
> tags and add xsd:string to all "plain literals" in S and E?

Well, not really.  The values are already in a form that does not require
further canonicalization.