Re: Question about a sentence in RDF 1.1 Primer

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 10:37:48 -0600
Cc: Shuji Kamitsuna <ax2s-kmtn@asahi-net.or.jp>, "public-rdf-comments@w3.org" <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
On Mar 9, 2014, at 9:56 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> Dear Kamitsuna-san,
>
> this is an English idiomatic expression that, afaik, is perfectly fine (I am not native English either, but I do believe it is fine). A more verbose version would be something like:
>
> "Subsequently we discuss TriG, which is an extension of Turtle, and N-Quads, which is an extensions of N-Triples, to encode multiple graphs."

As a native speaker, I do fine the original text awkward. I'd suggest of the following:

"Subsequently we discuss TriG and N-Quads, which are extensions of Turtle and N-Triples, respectively, to encode multiple graphs."

"Subsequently we discuss TriG and N-Quads, which are extensions respectively of Turtle and N-Triples to encode multiple graphs."

I'm not thrilled with either, however.

Gregg