Re: rdfs:Graph ? comment on http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-concepts/#section-dataset and issue 35

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 00:06:51 -0400
To: Jeremy J Carroll <jjc@syapse.com>
Cc: "public-rdf-comments@w3.org Comments" <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>
On Jul 19, 2013 2:10 PM, "Jeremy J Carroll" <jjc@syapse.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I am failing to be brief ...
>
> On Jul 19, 2013, at 9:35 AM, Jeremy J Carroll <jjc@syapse.com> wrote:
>
>> [[[
>>
>> rdfs:Graph
>>
>> rdfs:Graph is the class of graphs. All instances
of rdfs:Graph correspond to the RDF model of a graph described in the RDF
Concepts specification [RDF-CONCEPTS].
>> An instance of  rdfs:Graph MAY also be described in an RDF dataset, in
which case the triples in the graph SHOULD/MUST be the triples as specified
in the dataset.

>> ]]]
>>

>> (I would be happy with either SHOULD or MUST)
>

> looking again, MUST is too strong - since this would allow anyone to
modify anyone's else's intent. We need to qualify which RDF datasets and
reduce the MUST down to SHOULD.
> e.g. "MAY also be described in a related RDF dataset, ….. SHOULD …." with
the complete modified suggested text as

> [[[
>
> rdfs:Graph
>
> rdfs:Graph is the class of graphs. All instances of rdfs:Graph correspond
to the RDF model of a graph described in the RDF Concepts specification
[RDF-CONCEPTS].
> An instance of  rdfs:Graph MAY also be described in a related RDF
dataset, in which case the triples in the graph SHOULD be the triples as
specified in the dataset.

> ]]]

Sorry to be dim here, but does "the triples as specified in the dataset"
indicate a truth predicate of some sort (in which case I would have
expected "indicated" instead of "specified"). Or maybe I'm misinterpreting
a signal that another graph (probably the default graph) includes all of
the triples in the identified graph.