Re: Merging and improving the Turtle test suite(s)

On 27 February 2013 07:27, Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com> wrote:

> On 26/02/13 21:13, David Robillard wrote:
>>
>> The Turtle test suite situation is currently a bit of a mess.  There's
>> the tests-ttl suite, the coverage suite, the old test suite from the
>> team submission [1], and some additions scattered about various
>> implementations.  Each of these needs to be run in subtly different
>> ways.
>

> Could you say more?  (I run them all the same way)
>
>> There is also serious areas of the new spec that are not covered
>> at present, and various miscellaneous trivial issues.
>>
>> I would like to volunteer to merge the three suites, fix the issues, and
>> add new tests to cover the missing areas, if it is agreed that merging
>> them is appropriate (I think a single consistent test suite with good
>> coverage is at least highly desirable, and probably should be considered
>> a requirement for standardization)
>>
>> In order to do this, the licensing issues of test-ttl/manifest.ttl
>> brought up by Dave Beckett [2] will need to be resolved,and perhaps
>>
>> test-ttl/LICENSE is a problem as well.  Otherwise I see no barriers (and
>> licensing problems for things like this is silly, really)
>

> The LICENSE file is the W3C Software License.
>
> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-software-20021231
>
> what's the problem with that?
>
> (note that the conformance test suite should be the W3C test suite license
> which has different provisions)

Andy, the manifest file, which Dave Beckett referred to, still has an
Apache License, and you were the one who put it there according to the
source control history. [1]

Would you mind changing that to the W3C license?

Thanks,

Peter

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/file/5bc5dfa6b418/rdf-turtle/tests-ttl/manifest.ttl