Re: Please remove HTML5 as a normative reference for Turtle 2013

From: Simon Reinhardt <simon.reinhardt@koeln.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:22:17 +0100
To: public-rdf-comments@w3.org
Dave Beckett wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/CR-turtle-20130219/#in-html
> is non-normative and the only place that refers to HTML5.  So the reference
> should be informative.
>
> Turtle should NOT depend on understanding HTML5 !
>
> Dave

About the references.. I noticed another thing. The reference [RDF-CONCEPTS] links to the 2004 spec. But under http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/CR-turtle-20130219/#sec-parsing where it is linked there's a direct link to the current WD.

Which version is the spec supposed to depend on then? That would have an influence on how to resolve the point I raised in my earlier email about language-tagged strings.

I hope it will depend on the current RDF spec and just get withheld until that is made a recommendation.

Regards,
   Simon