Re: Increased lookahead requirements in the Turtle draft

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 13:25:39 -0500
To: David Robillard <d@drobilla.net>
Cc: public-rdf-comments@w3.org
[This message does not require a formal WG response, as it is not
intended as a new formal comment, but merely as an informal comment on
David Robillard's comment.]

On Sun, 2013-02-17 at 17:43 -0500, David Robillard wrote:
> Ideally,
> tokens, including the delimeters (i.e. '.' and ';'), would be whitespace
> delimited, so reading a PrefixedName would simply stop when whitespace
> is encountered and this problem would not exist.  Perhaps not realistic
> given existing practice, but it would certainly be nice.

FWIW, I wish whitespace were required before a terminating '.' or ';'.
Given that a period can be part of a local name or a numeric constant, I
consider it confusing and bad form to permit a triple like this:

  @prefix : <> .
  :foo :bar :baz.

David Booth