Re: node-n3 Turtle parser => compliance report?

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 14:54:49 -0700
Cc: public-rdf-comments@w3.org
To: Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>
On Apr 10, 2013, at 2:35 AM, Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I recently upgraded my Node.js / JavaScript parser [1] for compatibility with the CR.
> As requested by Gregg, I have generated an EARL report [2].

Thanks Rubin, I may have mis-directed you. The WG has decided to publish the test cases in W3C space, which would include a change in the default base URI to use when running the tests. There may be some other minor tweaks to the tests as well; this is actively being worked on the the working group. Expect an announcement (call for implementations) with the details shortly. I'm afraid that this will require you to re-run your tests against that endpoint and re-submit.

I did run your submission past the EARL collation tool, so the effort is not in vain! A couple of things you may want to address in the next submission:

You seem to be repeating the manifest definition <https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/tests-ttl/manifest.ttl> which makes the tool think that it is a previous rollup report, so it is excluded. This is also affected by including the predicate earl:testSubjects. This exclusion is a practical consideration due to the workflow of generating new reports; forgetting to remove the old rollup report (in Turtle format) can interfere with the test results.

Adding the earl:Software description for your test results isn't a bad idea, but it shouldn't reference earl:testSubjects or mf:entries.

Otherwise, it works well.

Gregg