Re: Comments regarding "Turtle and N-Triples Synaxes for RDF"

Gavin,

Thanks for the answers (and sorry for the delay in responding). I think I'm happy with all your answers and the changes you mention except for the html embedding section (and understanding that the n-triples stuff has moved to its own document).

On Jul 10, 2012, at 7:50 PM, Gavin Carothers wrote:

> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Gregory Williams
>> === 11 Turtle in HTML
>>
>> I'm not entirely clear on the value of this section, and believe that it probably doesn't give enough information to safely embed turtle in HTML5. The W3C HTML5 validator, for example, shows that the described technique produces invalid HTML5 when the Turtle includes "</script>" in a literal string.
>
> Now in an appendix, does not claim to be perfect, and in general has
> the issue of trying to standardize before there is real practice in
> this area.

Even in an appendix and marked "non-normative," I think this section is a mistake to include. It feels like the working group getting out ahead of actual experience, especially when there are such trivial examples that result in invalid HTML (presumably making parsing the embedded turtle data difficult or impossible). If for some reason you think this section simply must be included in the final spec, I think you should explicitly call out the issue of possibly getting invalid markup depending on the contents of the turtle data.

.greg