Re: Use of XSD namespace in RDF recommendations

On Sep 4, 2012, at 12:36 PM, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de> wrote:

> Ivan, Antoine, Dan, Richard, Jeremy,
>
> I guess I like the idea of informatively linking to both the 2006 SWBP Note on datatypes [1] and to the OWL 2 datatype definition mechanism [2], stating that both XML Schema and OWL 2 provide facilities for formally defining RDF datatypes, but that support for neither mechanism is required for RDF.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems that RDF Concepts does have a normative relationship to XSD, as literals with no datatype IRI or language tag get the datatype xsd:string.

Also, in Turtle, native number representations are associated with xsd:integer, xsd:decimal and xsd:double.

true/false values are represented as literals with xsd:boolean.

We considered this in JSON-LD; JSON numbers are translated to xsd:integer or xsd:double, and true/false to xsd:boolean when transforming to RDF. When going from RDF, strings are used unless an option is specified do use xsd types.

Gregg