Re: Updates to JSON-LD specifications

On Aug 23, 2012, at 16:35 , Manu Sporny wrote:

> On 08/20/2012 04:32 AM, Ivan Herman wrote:
>>> Here's a high-level of what has been changed in the last month:
>>>
>>> * Added a normative JSON-LD Grammar as requested by Andy Seaborne.
>
> That summary is the bullet list above "Here's a high-level of what has
> been changed in the last month"... is that not adequate? I would
> probably just end up putting that list in prose for your two-paragraph
> summary request.

[[[
> * Support for property generators (single term to multiple predicate
> expansion, requested by Drupal community).

> * Support for language maps (requested by Drupal and Wikidata
> communities)
> * Re-introduced support for @vocab.
]]]

does not tell much:-( Eg, mainly for those who did not know what @vocab meant in the old times, so 're-introducing' is fairly void of information. An example for each, or an exact reference to an example in the document, would be very helpful...

The rest of the bullet items refer to minor issues, ie, they are of course fine.

>> as far as I can see, the introduction of @vocab and the
>> language/property mapping features. Unfortunately, the simple github
>> references are not really helpful in this respect, I just
>> highlighted some below...
>
> My e-mail client screwed up the e-mail by adding line-breaks. Each
> bullet point is paired with the URL /below/ it... not above. Sorry that
> that was confusing, I didn't see what was /actually/ sent out until it
> was already in the archive.

Ouch:-) Sorry about that! Typical case of a 'stuff happens'...

Cheers

Ivan

> -- manu
>
> --
> Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
> blog: Which is better - RDFa Lite or Microdata?
> http://manu.sporny.org/2012/mythical-differences/

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153