Re: Target audience of the Direct Mapping document?

Richard,

The target audience is for implementors: anybody who works on a relational
database engine or wants to create a rdb2rdf engine that supports R2RML and
wants to create a default R2RML mapping file with the direct mapping.

Section 4 represents the mapping as rules. It uses datalog syntax. But it's
still a rule.. an IF-THEN rule.

I agree that maybe people will not finding the datalog syntax appealing, but
we have explained each rule in english and also added an example in each
rule,  But another rule syntax could be IF-THEN. For example take the follow
rule

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/directMapping/#rules_table_triples_single_pk

Assume that r is a table with columns a1, ..., am and such that [a1, ...,
an] is the primary key of r, where 1 ≤ n ≤ m. Then the following is the
direct mapping rule to generate Table Triples from r:

Triple(S, "rdf:type", O) ← r(X1, ..., Xm), generateRowIRI("r", ["a1", ...,
"an"], [X1, ..., Xn], S), generateTableIRI("r", O)

we could rewrite the english part and mix it with IF-THEN

IF
    given a table r with attributes a1, .. aM, and a1, .., an is a primary
key of R where 1 ≤ n ≤ m
THEN
   Create a Triple of the form:
    s = generate an IRI for the tuple by concatenating base_uri+"a1="+value
of a1+", ...
    p = rdf:type
    o = generate an IRI for the table by concatenating base_uri+"r"

Do you think the existing english explanation is too formal? Do you think if
we add this type of IF-THEN would make this section better?

Thanks

Juan Sequeda
+1-575-SEQ-UEDA
www.juansequeda.com