RefPredicateMaps (was: Re: Request for comments: suggesting some minor R2RML changes)

Thanks for the comments Eric.

On 6 Jul 2011, at 13:20, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
>> ISSUE: Why two classes rr:PredicateMap and rr:RefPredicateMap? They behave exactly the same, we could drop the second
>
> I thought they had different properties (ref* vs. a smaller set of direct properties) and that the class differentiation was a didactic tool for the spec. There may be better ways to explain this. (ericP)
>
>> ISSUE: Why two properties for rr:predicateObjectMap and rr:refPredicateObjectMap? Better to have just one, and spot the difference by looking at the (ref)objectMap contained within
>
> I presume the same motivation and outcome as for the RefPredicateMap.

Ah, you're right; I was confused.

A RefPredicateMap can only be what is now called a “constant-valued term map”. It must have a rr:predicate property that specifies a fixed predicate. It cannot dynamically construct the predicate using rr:template or rr:column like normal PredicateMaps.

I don't remember why we made this restriction, and can't think of a good reason now. So I'm tempted to change it and make PredicateMap and RefPredicateMap the same.