Re: ISSUE-7 (linked-data): Linked Data aspects for mapping RDB2RDF [R2RML]

Harry,

> While this does not address all Linked Identifiers, my proposal allows R2RML
> to at least re-use the results from search engines.

This is a simple and effective proposal and I appreciate it. But one major
issue remains, and before we go down this route I'd like to see some
clarification on how you plan to address this.

Note: my experience is of practical nature with systems like Dbpedia lookup
or the Uberblic API and not so much of theoretical background as obviously
Harry has.

As long as the thing you're looking up is unambiguous, no problem. However,
what if the query (and here comes the old example again, sorry ;) looks as
follows:

 http://www.example.com/r2rml?string=Paris

Now, do you mean the capitol of France? Or maybe a more or less well-known
D-class celeb and offspring of the Hilton clan?

 http://www.example.com/r2rml?string=Paris&results=3

... would, btw, make no big difference, the burden is still on the end-user
to figure out which is the 'right' entity.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
      Michael

--