Re: RDB2RDF WG agenda for 2010-10-19 meeting 1600 UTC

* Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de> [2010-10-18 20:19+0100]
> On 18 Oct 2010, at 19:22, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> >Richard Cyganiac has use cases
> >which require identifiers for the tables and attributes. A minimal
> >relational schema description like:
> >[[
> ><http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/r2rml/DBex/People#header>
> >   rdfs:member ex:People.ID .
> >]] or [[
> >   <http://foo.example/DB/People#_> rdfs:member People:ID .
> >]]
> >should let the community hang whatever assertions they'd need on these
> >identifiers. Richard, would that meet your needs?
>
> I'd like to have some way of distinguishing tables and columns via
> SPARQL.

I guess a weak predicate isn't really sufficient. How about either a
stronger predicate:
  <http://foo.example/DB/People#_> rdfdb:hasAttribute People:ID .
or some type annotations:
  <http://foo.example/DB/People#_> a rdfdb:Relation ;
    rdfs:member People:ID .
  People:ID a rdfdb:RelationAttribute .

My preference is the former, possibly with some domain and range
assertions for rdfdb:hasAttribute, which would look like:
  rdfdb:hasAttribute rdfs:domain rdfdb:Relation ;
                     rdfs:range rdfdb:RelationAttribute .

Does that meet your requirements? Is it attractive enough?

--
-ericP