Re: R2RML draft - new introduction

Boris and all,

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Boris Villazón Terrazas <
bvillazon@fi.upm.es> wrote:

>  Hi Juan
>

> On 13/10/2010 23:49, Juan Sequeda wrote:
>
> I don't think answers my question.
>
>  Just to make sure that I understand what is being proposed, I see as the
> following:
>
>  Let R be a relational schema
> Let V be a target vocabulary
>
>  R2R(R, V) = RDF graph
>
>  Is this correct?
>
> As far as I understand and according to the introduction:
> R2RML is a language for expressing customized mappings from relational
> databases to RDF datasets.
>
> Again, I took the liberty of creating a preliminary diagram that depicts
> this definition. You can find it at:
> http://mccarthy.dia.fi.upm.es/rdb2rdf/R2RML.png

Just like the one in the use case doc

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/use-cases/

<http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/use-cases/>:)

> IMHO, a R2RML mapping only expresses the mappings from RDB to RDF.
> A specific R2RML engine takes as input: the R2RML mapping, the RDB
> connection info, the target RDF dataset (vocabulary?) and generates as
> output an RDF dataset
>
> Or am I wrong?

This is exactly what I want to have 100% cleary.

Richard (I think) stated

"The input to an R2RML mapping..."

Now you introduce R2RML Engine and the input to that is the R2RML mapping,
RDB etc....

So this is not consistent.

We have then

1) R2RML mapping has inputs