Re: RDB2RDF: a picture is worth a thousand words

I don't understand a couple of things in the diagram.

In Option 1, presumably "user specified name substitution" could be far
more than just name substitution? It could be transformational (via,
e.g. SPARQL queries or RIF rule sets or what not) to reach the end state
ontology?

In Option 1, are we saying that the optional stuff on the RHS would be
left unspecified by this group?

In Option 2, why are we starting with "Transform" rather than
"Relational Schema"?

In Option 2, what does the arrow going from "Domain Ontology" up to the
"transform / non-isomorphic" arrow represent?

Am I correct in understanding that Option 1 is a degenerate case of
Option 2 in which the transform is obvious and isomorphic and in which
"Ontology" ends up simply being the local/putative ontology?

thanks,
Lee