W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdb2rdf-wg@w3.org > October 2009

Re: RDB2RDF Telcon time

From: Juan Sequeda <jsequeda@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:16:58 -0500
Message-ID: <f914914c0910190916n4f546beex55880778acc323fb@mail.gmail.com>
To: "Ezzat, Ahmed" <Ahmed.Ezzat@hp.com>
Cc: "hhalpin@w3.org" <hhalpin@w3.org>, ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>, "public-rdb2rdf-wg@w3.org" <public-rdb2rdf-wg@w3.org>
Monday 8 or 9am PST works for me too.
But I definitely think that we should set-up a Web-based questionnaire to
solve this.

Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
Dept. of Computer Sciences
The University of Texas at Austin
www.juansequeda.com
www.semanticwebaustin.org


On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Ezzat, Ahmed <Ahmed.Ezzat@hp.com> wrote:

>
>
> Hello Ashok,
>
> Good to hear from you....
>
> Wed. + Friday morning physically are not possible for me.  Tuesday morning,
> there is SPARQL WG which few of us join...
>
> Delaying Thursday morning by an hour would work. Monday morning 8 or 9am
> Pacific time would also work..
> Regards,
>
> Ahmed
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-rdb2rdf-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:
> public-rdb2rdf-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of hhalpin@w3.org
> Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 05:26
> To: ashok malhotra
> Cc: public-rdb2rdf-wg@w3.org
> Subject: Re: RDB2RDF Telcon time
>
> If people want, I can set-up a Web-based questionnaire to see if we want
> to change the time.
>
> The other option that Ahmed (Ahmed, correct me if I'm wrong here) seemed
> to think would work for him would be an hour later, i.e. would 4:00 GMT
> work for Juan/Ashok/Ahmed?
>
> And does 4:00 GMT not work for anyone?
>
> Note that it in general takes a few days for Zakim to switch conference so
> we will probably have to do this week's call at 3:00 GMT.
>
>        cheers,
>                -harry
>
>
> On Mon, 19 Oct 2009, ashok malhotra wrote:
>
> > I'm sorry I missed the first WG telcon!
> > There seems to have been some discussion re. the time for the weekly
> telcon.
> > Like Juan Sequeda, I have a conflict at the Thursday time,  Would it be
> > possible to
> > move the telcon to Fridays, perhaps at 11AM Eastern, the time slot we
> used
> > for the XG calls?
> > All the best, Ashok
> >
> >
> > hhalpin@w3.org wrote:
> >>
> >> The first meeting is always the most difficult due to everyone getting
> used
> >> to things, but here are our minutes! Will link  to from homepage once
> >> approved after next meeting.
> >>
> >> HTML:
> >> http://www.w3.org/2009/10/15-RDB2RDF-minutes.html
> >>
> >>        RDB2RDF Working Group Teleconference
> >>
> >> 15 Oct 2009
> >>
> >>    [2]Agenda
> >>
> >>       [2]
> >> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdb2rdf-wg/2009Oct/0002.html
> >>
> >>    See also: [3]IRC log
> >>
> >>       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/10/15-RDB2RDF-irc
> >>
> >> Attendees
> >>
> >>    Present: (possibly incomplete) orri, seema, souri, rcygnaik, lima,
> >>           marcelo, Joseph_Scheuhammer, hhalpin, mhausenblas, angelo,
> >>           nuno, jsequeda, Ahmed, whalb, howard, iv_an_ru, soeren
> >>
> >>    Chair
> >>           Ahmed
> >>
> >>    Scribe
> >>           hhalpin
> >>
> >> Contents
> >>
> >>      * [4]Topics
> >>          1. [5]"Introduction"
> >>          2. [6]"Schedule"
> >>          3. [7]"Future Meetings"
> >>      * [8]Summary of Action Items
> >>      _________________________________________________________
> >>
> >> Introduction
> >>
> >>    Introduction round
> >>
> >>    soeren: linked data background, Triplify, one of the DBpedia
> >>    founders
> >>
> >>    cygri: DERI, main developer of D2RQ, interested in linked data,
> >>    information integration
> >>
> >>    Souri and Seema: we are interested in RDB2RDF here at Oracle as we
> >>    have a lot of relational data as you can guess
> >>
> >>    Orri: from OpenLink, long time doing DB federation, etc., main
> >>    contributor to linked data community
> >>
> >>    <hhalpin> scribe: hhalpin
> >>
> >>    Orri is presenting next week
> >>
> >>    From OpenLink
> >>
> >>    Ahmed: from HP
> >>    ... interests in integration
> >>    ... works in RDF
> >>
> >>    Angelo: new to this group
> >>    ... postdoc at OKKAM project
> >>    ... co-ordinating all the work for use-cases, interest in entity
> >>    identifiers for linked data
> >>    ... automatically extraxting entities from relational data
> >>    ... automatically identify these entities.
> >>    ... background in multimedia IR
> >>
> >>    Howard: from Metamotix
> >>    ... been in semantic technology world for 8-9 years
> >>    ... developed middleware integration platform.
> >>    ... integrating structured and semi-structured data
> >>
> >>    Howard is presenting in early november.
> >>
> >>    Wolfgang: Working in Austria
> >>    ... has but Eurostat as Linked Data
> >>    ... did work in XG
> >>
> >>    Harry: W3C Fellow from Uni. of Edinburgh
> >>    ... will be helping with contacts
> >>    ... co-chairing with Ahmed.
> >>    ... participated in XG
> >>
> >>    <mhausenblas>
> >>    [9]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdb2rdf-wg/2009Oct/000
> >>    9.html
> >>
> >>       [9]
> >> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdb2rdf-wg/2009Oct/0009.html
> >>
> >>    Nuno: Working in DERI
> >>    ... hetereogenous sources, working on XSPARQL
> >>    ... extending XQuery.
> >>
> >>    Ashok is on vacation.
> >>
> >>    Ivan: dialing in...
> >>
> >>    Juan: a Uni. Ph.D. student at University of Austin
> >>    ... was part of XG
> >>    ... creating Ultrawrap, RDB2RDF system
> >>    ... takes advantage of existing infrastructure
> >>    ... want to learn mappings
> >>    ... uses data-mining, linked data for bioinformatics by end of year
> >>
> >>    Michael: Informal meeting at ISWC
> >>    ... First face-to-face officially will be later
> >>
> >>    Juan: I'll be at ISWC.
> >>
> >>    Seema: From Oracle
> >>    ... located in new hampshire
> >>    ... working in semantic group
> >>
> >>    Marcelo: ... Marcelo Arenas, from catholic university of chile
> >>    ... most in database theory
> >>    ... we have a group that works in RDF
> >>    ... have done semantics for SPARQL, adding navigation, dealing with
> >>    RDFS and OWL
> >>    ... we want to work on this problem.
> >>
> >>    <scribe> ACTION: hhalpin to re-send Marcelo invited expert form
> >>    [recorded in
> >>    [10]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/15-RDB2RDF-minutes.html#action01]
> >>
> >>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-5 - Re-send Marcelo invited expert form
> >>    [on Harry Halpin - due 2009-10-22].
> >>
> >>    Li Ma: formerly of IBM, will be joining the group as Invited Expert.
> >>
> >>    scribe: participated in XG.
> >>    ... worked for more 5 years
> >>    ... was at IBM, now working on integrating databases
> >>    ... have a paper at this year ISWC that describes our mapping
> >>    approach
> >>
> >> Schedule
> >>
> >>    Ahmed: spend a month and a half doing fact-finding on implementation
> >>    work.
> >>    ... next week is OpenLink and Orri
> >>    ... will have anyone to post the links
> >>
> >>    <mhausenblas> see
> >>    [11]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Initial_Round_of_Presenta
> >>    tions
> >>
> >>      [11]
> >> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Initial_Round_of_Presentations
> >>
> >>    Ahmed: just send them to harry to post
> >>    ... a week if not more the presentation
> >>    ... we also have D2R, Metamotix on the queue.
> >>    ... we can still fit them in.
> >>    ... send them in.
> >>    ... give a paragraph of what group has done
> >>
> >>    <metatomix> Also joined this group is Samir Batla. Batla has been
> >>    leveraging ST for about 8-9 years in a solutions architect role -
> >>    having been with Cerebra, Inc, Siderean Software and now Metatomix.
> >>
> >>    Ahmed: sometime in Nov we will be done with that piece
> >>    ... we need to pin down some of our goals.
> >>    ... listed some of these in the announcment
> >>    ... six items:
> >>    ... we hope to have this by march
> >>
> >>    Michael: let's have discussions on the mailing list
> >>
> >>    <mhausenblas> ... and use the Wiki to collect it
> >>
> >>    Michael: wiki is easier than mailing list
> >>    ... for keeping track of some things.
> >>
> >>    Ahmed: How about things we end up not pursuing?
> >>
> >>    Michael: We will do a use-case and requirements.
> >>
> >>    Ahmed: any proposals for improving?
> >>
> >>    Michael: flag certain features
> >>    ... to prioritize
> >>
> >>    <scribe> ACTION: mhausenb to add material to the Wiki [recorded in
> >>    [12]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/15-RDB2RDF-minutes.html#action03]
> >>
> >>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-6 - Add material to the Wiki [on Michael
> >>    Hausenblas - due 2009-10-22].
> >>
> >>    Juan: I'd like to present
> >>
> >>    don't worry, I can fix things!
> >>
> >> Future Meetings
> >>
> >>    Juan: Do we want future meetings at this time?
> >>    ... doesn't work for me too well.
> >>
> >>    Ahmed: Hard to make everyone happy
> >>    ... Juan, can you switch schedules?
> >>
> >>    Juan: I can lose this time.
> >>
> >>    Ahmed: I hope we can keep this time.
> >>
> >>    <scribe> ACTION: hhalpin to send email out to europeans explaining
> >>    daylight savings time. [recorded in
> >>    [13]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/15-RDB2RDF-minutes.html#action04]
> >>
> >>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-7 - Send email out to europeans explaining
> >>    daylight savings time. [on Harry Halpin - due 2009-10-22].
> >>
> >>    Ahmed: let's send e-mails out about the time
> >>
> >>    Michael: do we want to say each other's names?
> >>
> >>    Ahmed: try to use first name
> >>    ... I think we are done.
> >>    ... Orri is next week!
> >>    ... thanks everyone, triplify and D2RQ are afterwards.
> >>    ... minutes will be made available.
> >>    ... next meeting we will send tomorrow.
> >>    ... Next time, to log into IRC beforehand.
> >>    ... will start precisely 5 minutes later.
> >>
> >>    bye!
> >>
> >>    Meeting Adjourned
> >>
> >>    <marcelo> I lost the phone connection
> >>
> >>    trackbot, end meeting
> >>
> >> Summary of Action Items
> >>
> >>    [NEW] ACTION: hhalpin to re-send Marcelo invited expert form
> >>    [recorded in
> >>    [14]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/15-RDB2RDF-minutes.html#action01]
> >>    [NEW] ACTION: hhalpin to send email out to europeans explaining
> >>    daylight savings time. [recorded in
> >>    [15]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/15-RDB2RDF-minutes.html#action04]
> >>    [NEW] ACTION: mhausenb to add material to the Wiki [recorded in
> >>    [16]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/15-RDB2RDF-minutes.html#action03]
> >>
> >>    [End of minutes]
> >>
> >
>
>
>
Received on Monday, 19 October 2009 16:17:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:00:18 UTC