Re: comments about XPath 3.0 request

On Mon, 2018-06-18 at 09:59 -0400, Jonathan Robie wrote:
> Starting up a new activity around either XPath or XQuery would
> probably
> require some interesting and important new set of requirements to
> satisfy.

Agreed. The only work on XPath i could see happening 3 or 4 years ago
was to try & build on what was shipped in Web browsers, by documenting
the JavaScript API and clarifying based on XPath 3.x. There wasn't
support at the time for such work from the browser vendors, who would
would rather put the time into CSS, and I don't have anyone else
willing to pay for wotk on XML.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, W3C,  http://www.fromoldbooks.org/

Available for XML/Document/Information Architecture/
XSLT/XQuery/Web/Text Processing work and consulting.