W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-qt-comments@w3.org > March 2015

[Bug 28116] [xslt 3.0] xsl:original and reserved namespaces

From: <bugzilla@jessica.w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 11:10:06 +0000
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Message-ID: <bug-28116-523-nlU5PGxn2Z@http.www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/>
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=28116

Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |RESOLVED
         Resolution|---                         |FIXED

--- Comment #2 from Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> ---
Following WG discussion:

(a) I have added a note relating to the name "xsl:original", pointing out that
it is used to refer to components but is not actually the name of any
component.

(b) I have moved section 3.2 to be closer to 5.1. Section 5 now has

5.1 Names
5.1.1 QNames
5.1.2 Unprefixed QNames
5.1.3 Reserved namespaces

Section 5.1.1 no longer attempts to give an exhaustive list of named
constructs; section 5.1.3 gives a complete list in the definition of the error
code.

(c) As actioned by the WG, I researched the question whether reserved
namespaces should be permitted in the names of user-defined or
implementation-defined error codes. I found that existing specfications were
fairly clear that there were no constraints on the namespace used in such
codes, and I concluded that introducing such a constraint was unnecessary,
paternalistic, backwards-incompatible, and would require retrospective change
to XPath 3.0.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the QA Contact for the bug.
Received on Friday, 20 March 2015 11:10:08 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:57:53 UTC