W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-qt-comments@w3.org > February 2014

[Bug 24466] Editorial issues in XSLT 3.0 Last-call draft (missing text, missing link targets)

From: <bugzilla@jessica.w3.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 11:52:32 +0000
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Message-ID: <bug-24466-523-w1JtLUDoXd@http.www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/>
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24466

Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|ASSIGNED                    |RESOLVED
         Resolution|---                         |FIXED

--- Comment #1 from Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> ---
I think what is happening here is that the build relies on DTD-based ID/IDREF
checking to ensure that termref elements refer to a matching term; but text
that is incorporated (by an XSLT processing phase) from the separate
function-catalog.xml file is not subjected to ID/IDREF validation, and
therefore dangling references go undetected. Because the generated HTML links
to '#'. which is a valid link, the HTML link checker doesn't catch it either.

I have added a stylesheet to the pipeline to check these internal references.
Interestingly, this finds quite a few errors where the link target is present
but is of the wrong kind; e.g. a termref that is satisfied by a section ID
rather than by a termdef ID. ID/IDREF checking of course won't spot this
problem.

I have fixed the errors this finds without making a specific list and without
change highlighting.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the QA Contact for the bug.
Received on Monday, 24 February 2014 11:52:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:57:46 UTC